IN HIS OWN WORDS: Jesse Ventura explains the significance of The Day We Fight Back
REMEMBER when we called our representatives and told them not to go into Syria? Don’t tell me your voice doesn’t matter because those phone calls were exactly what kept us out of another expensive, useless war.
When it comes right down to it, every voice counts. If you stand up for your rights today by calling your representatives, here’s who’s standing with you:
- Over 6,000 web-based companies and other organizations, including Reddit, Imgur, Tumblr, Mozilla, and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
- Physical protests are planned in 15 countries.
- Over 100,000 people signed an international petition opposing mass surveillance within a few hours of its launch.
- Google.com, and said in a blog post that “we strongly believe that government surveillance programs should operate under a legal framework that is rule-bound, narrowly tailored, transparent, and subject to oversight.”
- As of 4:00 pm Eastern time today, over 51,000 calls were made and over 100,000 emails were sent to Congress.
If you’re looking to get involved, you still have time to act. Call or email your legislatures and tell them enough is enough. This is the only way to truly change the system.
Congress is considering two major bills:
- The USA Freedom Act curtails NSA surveillance abuses.
- The FISA Improvements Act attempts to legalize bulk data collection of phone records.
Your job as an American citizen is to hold your politicians’ feet to the fire and tell Congress which bill to vote for.
If you don’t know who your representatives are, go to https://thedaywefightback.org/ – they’ll find out who you should call and they’ll give you that person’s contact information.
Nixon was impeached for Watergate – he wiretapped ONE office.
Tell me again, why do we allow the NSA to wiretap our ENTIRE nation?
I keep saying #StayVigilant – but do you know what that means? Vigilance is all about acting and doing the right thing. You might not think mass surveillance is a big deal, but this is a slippery slope.
We have a chance to work together to turn our country around today.
This is what Edward Snowden risked his life for. Don’t miss out on your chance to make a difference.